Monday, September 27, 2010

How to fit into younger looking clothes

I was in the middle of a shopping spree, picking up something and placing it exactly in the same place when I could lay my hands on a better one. Kids were at home, and was in a hurry. So to avoid picking wrong clothes for the time factor I played little bit wiser.

Then someone asked me to excuse her, and asked further," Do I look good on this?" She was a plump looking girl, obviously cute though plump, and was looking pretty in a saree. On a second thought I find her choice of prints wrong, because she was wearing one which was one with large floral prints, of bright color. This has actually high-lighted her short stature. Thinking that she is asking about the saree I immediately nodded with a wide affirmative smile.But alas.

She was holding a little frock(not a dress) on herself and looking at the life-size mirror. She might be thinking herself as a little girl or may be someone else of her age may look stunning at the same frock. But she was not the one who would look good in  such a tiny frock...

her hubby dear was standing embarrassingly beside her, it seemed that she will take  any comment given by this poor soul. But I loved her confidence. Perhaps she is the new phenomena in this tremendously changing age of fast pace lifestyle.

This is time for older people choosing to dress like younger people. Today aunties who wore sarees throughout their young years have started even picking Capri's and three quarters along with tops. Not that they look awesome, but certain air of confidence and glamour surround them. So forget about looking graceful and age gracefully. Dress up young, look younger and feel youngest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your ads here