Sunday, July 25, 2010

How Much We Need

Each time I plan to go shopping, I simply end up complying to a long list which springs up from nowhere. At the last time!


Today, I found that this happens to others too. no matter how much we plan to cut the cost, save money for future or save for our old age, we simply cannot resist the trap of shopping more and more.

And departmental stores simply cash in on this tendency. Yesterday I saw an advertisement which was inviting people to measure their heights. They will give any item to the customer at a price equivalent to their height! Sounds silly na? But it's true.

On that note one proverb comes to my mind. "Penny wise, pound foolish". We try to save so much. I do the laundry myself, bargain at local market, fume when the vendor seems to overprice his veggies. But we rush to the malls at the slightest hint. Do they invite us? Or we simply get lured??


Answer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your ads here